What is the Backsafe® Program?
The Backsafe® Injury Prevention Program prevents back, shoulder, neck, upper & lower extremity injuries and is customized for any job description (except office workers—see Sittingsafe®). These practical workshops are conducted on location and are designed to change employees’ physical behavior.
What is the Sittingsafe® Program?
Sittingsafe® goes beyond ergonomics and uses the bionomic-based philosophy that one must do a physical skill to truly learn it. This practical workshop teaches employees for the first time in their lives how to ergonomically adjust any workstation for their specific needs. Employees usually don't need additional or fancy ergonomic equipment or furniture. In many instances they mainly need to know how to correctly utilize what they have already. Employees gladly discover the true sources of their fatigue, discomfort, and pain and learn customized techniques on how to immediately alleviate it.
Here are some reasons why the Backsafe® and Sittingsafe® programs make good business sense:
- Workers are a key asset for any business organization. Keeping them productive serves employers, unions and employees alike.
- Musculoskeletal disorders are entirely preventable. They cost North American businesses billions of dollars each year and can dramatically affect the quality of life of well-intentioned employees.
- Effective ergonomic programs focus on ways to reduce costs to companies by:
- reducing injuries
- reducing absenteeism
- reducing errors
- maximizing productivity
- Successful ergonomic programs are always cost effective. They must be designed to yield a high return on investment.
- A custom designed injury prevention training program that effectively educates workers on how to prevent back injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome and other sprain/strain injuries can have a dramatic, positive impact on corporate profits.