Alamo City Health & Safety continues to be the only San Antonio Certified Medical Examiner to provide drivers with a plastic, wallet-sized DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate ID card and to send the driver and Texas DPS a digital copy of the medical certificate and medical report when needed.
Many states require commercial drivers to take a specialized physical examination designed to establish the driver has the physical ability to safely perform the duties of a professional driver. The specifics of the exam may vary from one state to another, but the basics are the same. Those who seek to obtain or maintain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL) must take and pass the test in order to receive a passing Medical Examination Report (MER0), and certificate.
CDL Licensing is required for professional drivers who:
- Operate a vehicle holding nine or more passengers
- Cover a distance of 75 miles or greater
- Provide transport for interstate commerce
- Operate a vehicle approximating 10,000 or more loaded pounds
- Transport hazardous materials